Wednesday, March 3, 2010

oscar picks

Since this is my first post, I will briefly describe my intention. I read a lot of blogs when I'm surfing the net, and while I may not comment, I do enjoy reading them. My plan is just to share thoughts. Things that I'd like to say but that I don't think people necessarily care about. So instead of clogging up the Facebook status homepage, I'll just put those thoughts here.

Ok enough of that. I'm looking forward to the Oscars this weekend. There were a lot of great films out this year, some of which I saw, some of which are in my Netflix queue. There are 24 categories on this ballot and I'm not going to bore you with all of them, only a few. So here are my picks. You can find your own Oscar ballot and check out who/what's nominated here: http://oscar.go.com/media/2010/pdf/OSCAR_BALLOT.pdf

Leading Actor: I'm gonna say Colin Firth in "A Single Man." Now, I have only seen clips of this film but even in the clips, he just blew me away. Far better than George Clooney in "Up in the Air."

Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz in "Inglorious Basterds." I look forward to his acceptance speech.

Leading Actress: Sandra Bullock in "The Blind Side." Haven't seen this film but I don't think Meryl Streep deserves the award for her role as Julia Child. Meryl's done better. (Doubt for example)

Supporting Actress: Anna Kendrick in "Up in the Air." The karaoke scene.

Animated Feature: "UP!"

Directing: "Up in the Air" Jason Reitman deserves it--he wrote the the movie! James Cameron already got an Oscar for Titanic and I'm pretty sure he'll get a bunch for Avatar. Let someone else get it

Best Picture: "District 9" I think this movie was thought provoking and had a very important social message that wasn't cliche like Avatar.
We'll see who comes out victorious!

No comments: